Real Name: John Felix Anthony Cena
Wrestling Name: John Cena
Date of Birth: April 23rd, 1977
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Weight: 240 lbs (110 kg/17 st)
Resides: Tampa, Florida
Billed From: West Newbury, Massachusetts
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair Colour: Brown
College: Springfield College (Massachusetts)
Degree: Exercise Physiology
Trained By: UPW & OVW Staff
UPW Debut: 2000
OVW Debut: 2001
WWE (Television) Debut: 2002
Wrestling Status: Active Roster
Wrestlers: Hulk Hogan, Iron Shiek, Roddy Piper
Baseball Team: Tampa Bay DevilRays
Football Team: New England Patriots
Basketball Team: Boston Celtics
Holidays: Thanksgiving & Christmas
TV Show: Family Guy
Favourite Actor: Harrison Ford
Favourite Food: Rocky Mountain Ice Cream, Burger King and Taco Bell
Hobby: Working Out/Bodybuilding
Attitude Adjustment – (2009-present) / Throw Back – (2009) / F-U – (2003-2009) (Fireman’s carry takeover) – WWE
ProtoPlex/ProtoBomb (Spin-out powerbomb) – UPW/OVW/WWE
STF (2009-present) / STFU (2005-2009) (Stepover toehold sleeper) – WWE
Diving leg drop bulldog
Dropkick, sometimes from the top rope – UPW/OVW
Five Knuckle Shuffle (Fist drop with theatrics)
Lou Thesz press followed by multiple punches
Running flying shoulder block
Running one handed bulldog
Sitout hip toss
Throwback (Running neck snap on a standing opponent)
Twisting belly to belly side slam
Signature foreign objects
The Perfect Man
The Doctor of Thuganomics
The Chain Gang Commander
The Chain Gang Soldier
Signature taunts Waving his hand in front of his face, horizontally, to symbolize that “You can’t see me!”. (2003-Present) Pumping up his Reebok Pump sneakers. (2004-2006) Putting his hands up while spreading them and putting his thumb sideways and his pinky up, meaning “Word Life”. (2002-2009) “Freestyling” on his opponents before his matches. (2002-2005) Military salute to the audience. (2006-Present) “Hustle, Loyalty & Respect” – putting his hands up with the three outer fingers pointed upwards and a circle with index finger and thumb. (2009-Present)
Managers Kenny Bolin
Ultimate Pro Wrestling (2000-)
Ohio Valley Wrestling (2001-)
The Prototype/Mr. P (2000-2001)
John Cena (2002-Present)
Stables CTC (Cryme Tyme Cenation) (2008-)
Ohio Valley Wrestling
OVW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rico Constantino
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
Feud of the Year – vs. Edge (2006)
Match of the Year – vs. Shawn Michaels – Raw, April 23 (2007)
Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2003)
Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2004, 2005, 2007)
Wrestler of the Year (2006, 2007)
PWI ranked #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the the PWI 500 in 2006 and 2007
Ultimate Pro Wrestling UPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Wrestling Entertainment [Detailed Title History]
World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Shawn Michaels (1) and Batista (1)
WWE Championship (4 times)
World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
WWE United States Championship (3 times)
Royal Rumble Winner (2008)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards
Wrestler of the Year (2007)
Best Box Office Draw (2007)
Best on Interviews (2007)
Most Charismatic (2006, 2007)
Best Gimmick (2003)
- John was training to be a Bodybuilder. He almost took this path instead of pro-wrestler.
- John is Italian, however he was raised in America.
- John’s parents names are John Cena Sr. and Carol Cena.
- John has four brothers: Steve, Matt, Sean and Dan.
- John wanted to be a rockstar when he was a child.
- John always tried to remain active as a kid, he didn’t just sit around and play video games.
- John watched wrestling with his father and grandfather when he was a child.
- John was a fan of the following: Roddy Piper, The Iron Shiek and Hulk Hogan.
- John went to Springfield College.
- John moved out to California after College to Pursue his dreams in BodyBuilding.
- John started lifting weights because he was bullied in school.
- He got his first weight set at 12 years of age.
- He tries to never miss a training session.
- John worked out at Hard Nocks Gym.
- John always puts full effort into everything, or he doesn’t try at all.
- John always looks on the bright side of life, his philosophy is “It will all work itself out.”
- John likes to collect Muscle Cars and has a collection of over 20 of them.
- John has a degree in exercise physiology.
- John’s first Pay-Per-View appearance was at Vengeance 2002 when he defeated Chris Jericho.
- John’s first Rap was on a Halloween themed edition of SmackDown when he dressed as Vanilla Ice.
- John recorded a Rap/Hip-Hop CD called “You Can’t See Me.”
- John has two WWE Home Videos — WordLife (2004) and My Life (2008).
- John has starred in two WWE Films — The Marine (2006) and 12 Rounds (2009).
- John has over 500 Jersey’s.
- John gets free Reebok’s.
- John has had two custom WWE championship’s — WWE Championship and US Championship.
- John’s shoe size is 11.